Employment can be a huge area of risk, from both the organisation and employee perspective. That’s why SA Law’s specialist employment solicitors focus on achieving your employment objectives with minimum risk to you.
Based in St Albans and London, we advise on all aspects of employment law that arise in running any HR function covering general day-to-day activities through to complex litigation. This includes representing employers at either the employment tribunal or the civil courts (including high court matters arising from the employment relationship).
The team is known for providing employers with expertise across the full range of matters including large-scale redundancy and restructuring, TUPE transfers, negotiating exits and conducting litigation. Wide sector coverage that includes charities, online retailers and educational institutions.
For many clients, we act as an extension of their organisation, supporting and protecting the in-house function – whatever size that in-house resource might be.
Our employment solicitors are also able to deliver a range of employment law training courses that help you fulfil your legal obligations as an employer and often host webinars and forums as part of SA Law's events & learning programme.
HOW WE HELP YOU
- We can flex our support services to suit your needs, whether you'd like the reassurance of being able to pick up the phone and speak to a dedicated team member through our Employer Protect Scheme service; want the security of banked hours so you have our support and guidance when you need to deal with a specific task, or if you want complete flexibility of being able to talk to us on a situation-by-situation basis at an hourly rate.
- Did you also know that we have a specific service to help organisations navigate issues arising from the Coronavirus pandemic? Take a look at our fixed-fee Covid-19 Support service here.
- We’re always happy to represent insurance-funded clients. Contact us to discuss your situation.
What are your objectives? That’s our first question and what we focus on throughout. If required, we can also help you to identify them.
Not sure where you stand? We can undertake a full health check of your employment contracts and policies to expose undetected areas of risk.
IT’S GOOD TO BEAR IN MIND
- Annual assessment of employment contracts and policies greatly reduces employment risk.
- Addressing potential problems head-on is always easiest and cheapest.
- Individuals should seek legal expenses insurance before instructing a solicitor.
- Keep an eye on the activities of departing employees to minimise risk to your venture.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS & LEGAL COMMENTATORS SAY ABOUT US
"SA Law provides specialised advice to clients in the education, charity, and employment agency sectors on complex employment matters relating to GDPR and religious and sex discrimination. Practice leader Chris Cook advises on sensitive employee dismissals in the education sector, ranging from nurseries to universities. Keely Rushmore focuses on disciplinary and grievance issues, as well as discrimination and confidentiality matters." - The Legal 500