My expertise spans most areas of employment law and HR related issues including performance, disciplinary, grievances, discrimination, maternity or family leave issues, unfair dismissal, and redundancy.
I advise on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters . I’m regularly asked to draft, review and advise on contracts of employment and on workplace policies and procedures to ensure they are compliant with UK legislation and fit for purpose. I also routinely negotiate and advise on severance or exit packages (settlement agreements).
Both businesses and senior employees come to me for help finding the best solutions to work related issues that arise during the employment relationship and after termination.
When working with clients, I get up to speed quickly. By asking the right questions, I gain a clear understanding of your specific situation and the outcome you would like to achieve. This enables me to provide you with practical strategic advice, an initial idea of likely outcomes and help you achieve the best possible result at minimal risk.
My clients come from a wide range of sectors and include private companies inside and outside of the UK, charities, schools and trusts. I regularly represent both employers and employees on complex employment tribunal litigation cases including cases involving discrimination, whistleblowing and sexual harassment and unfair dismissal.
I also regularly write articles on current employment issues for the media and the SA Law website – you can read some of them here- and present at SA Law’s HR Forums for employers.
You can register for future HR Forums by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successfully defending a London based charity against 25 claims including allegations of discrimination on the grounds of race, age and sex in a complex 13-day Employment Tribunal final hearing.
- Securing a settlement package for an employee who had been dismissed for gross misconduct.
- Advising a senior employee on the potential outcomes during a period of long term sick leave, and securing a beneficial exit package for the employee prior to his return to work.
- Representing and advising a London based higher education establishment in relation to complex claims of discrimination on grounds of race and gender spanning over 4 years.
- Successfully advising and defending claims of disability discrimination against a construction firm in an Employment Tribunal matter.
- Advising a national childcare provider in relation to allegations of whistleblowing and race discrimination in an Employment Tribunal claim following which the claim was struck out and dismissed prior to a final hearing taking place.
- Drafting grounds of response for a residential children’s home following claims of discrimination on grounds of disability and advising on the same.
- Advising and obtaining an enhanced exit package for an employee following her return from maternity leave.
- Solicitor, SA Law
- Solicitor at a niche regional employment law practice, Springhouse Solicitors
- Qualified as a Solicitor in April 2017
- Trainee Solicitor at a niche employment law firm, ELS Solicitors
- The College of Law, LPC
- City, University of London, LLB
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Speak fluent Gujarati