I specialise in employment and data protection law, and I advise businesses and individuals on all aspects of their rights and responsibilities in both areas.
I advise employers on procedural issues such as disciplinary and grievance matters, with extensive experience in collective redundancy/restructuring programmes and transfer of undertakings for business ownership transfers and service provision changes. A large proportion of my work involves Employment Tribunal litigation, and where appropriate, I negotiate directly with opponents or via ACAS to achieve the best possible outcome for my clients.
I regularly advise individuals who are undergoing redundancy or restructuring programmes, including advice on the processes that their employers should be following, how to handle consultation meetings, and negotiating redundancy compensation packages.
The data protection advice I give is comprehensive, including both advising on and undertaking data audits to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (incorporating the UK GDPR), making and managing data subject access requests, drafting data protection documentation (such as privacy notices and data protection policies), managing data breaches, and assisting in the resolution of disputes. I am also the firm’s Data Manager.
- I qualified as a solicitor on 1st November 2001
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Advising a large financial company operating a venture capital fund on the employment aspects of numerous investments
- Acting on behalf of several purchasers, dealing with due diligence, raising additional enquiries, preparing detailed reports, and warranty and indemnity advice.
- Acting on behalf of an employer in a High Court injunction and damages claim against a former employee
- Advising an insolvency practitioner on the employment aspects of a pre-pack administration
- Advising a private school on a personality clash dismissal, and representing the school in the subsequent unfair dismissal tribunal proceedings
- Advising in disciplinary proceedings including acting for clients in disputes with the NHS, the Football Association and the Police force
- Advising educational establishments including nurseries, schools (both independent and academies), colleges and universities on safeguarding.
- Data Manager, SA Law
- Partner, Head of Employment & Data Protection, SA Law
- Solicitor, SA Law
- Solicitor, Pictons
- Trainee Solicitor, Pictons
- College of Law, Guildford, LLB, (PGDLP)
- University of Kent, LLB Law
- Executive Committee Member, Depaul UK
- Speaks basic French
- Member of SA Law's Equality Diversity and Inclusion committee