Having specialised in employment law for my entire career, I advise businesses and individuals on all aspects of their employment and immigration rights and responsibilities.
I advise employers on procedural issues such as disciplinary and grievance matters, with extensive experience in redundancy/restructuring programmes and transfer of undertakings for business ownership transfers. A large proportion of my work involves Employment Tribunal litigation, where I negotiate directly with opponents or via ACAS to achieve the best possible outcome for my clients.
I regularly advise individuals who are undergoing redundancy or restructuring programmes, including advice on the processes that their employers should be following, how to handle consultation meetings, and negotiating redundancy compensation packages.
With niche expertise in education law, I also head up SA Law’s Education department. We advise nurseries, independent schools, higher education establishments, colleges and universities. A highlight of this was developing SA Law’s fixed fee package to assist state schools convert to academy status.
- Acting on behalf of an employer in a High Court injunction and damages claim against a former employee
- Advising a large financial company operating a venture capital fund on the employment aspects of numerous investments
- Acting on behalf of several purchasers, dealing with due diligence, raising additional enquiries, preparing detailed reports, and warranty and indemnity advice
- Advising an insolvency practitioner on the employment aspects of a pre-pack administration
- Advising a private school on a personality clash dismissal, and representing the school in the subsequent unfair dismissal tribunal proceedings
- Advising in disciplinary proceedings including acting for clients in disputes with the NHS, the Football Association and the Police force
- Advising educational establishments including nurseries, schools (both independent and academies), colleges and universities on safeguarding.
- Data Protection.
- Qualified in 2001
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA).
- Member of the Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Trustee at St Columba’s College in St Albans
- Speaks basic French