We want as many people as possible to benefit from SA Law’s services, particularly those who find themselves in a difficult situation that demands urgent assistance.
Pricing is often the main concern when buying any form of professional services, which is why our approach to pricing is as straightforward as our legal advice:
- We start every piece of work with a telephone conversation at no cost to yourself. Initially, we simply want to know the details of your situation, and what you need help with. Needless to say, we hold everything you discuss with us in complete confidence.
- We follow up with a clear scope of work that outlines how much it will cost, together with a copy of our standard terms of business. We are always happy to discuss this proposal if you have any queries, and you are under no obligation to instruct us to proceed.
- If you choose to instruct us, we will complete the work as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, and keep you informed of our progress every step of the way.
Where possible, we offer a range of pricing options to suit your needs, such as fixed fees, staged payments or capped hourly rates. In some situations, we may also be able to offer greater payment flexibility, and accelerated or deferred invoicing.
Pricing in more detail
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) requires law firms to publish pricing details for certain services. The links below explain how we price these services, and highlight which of our legal experts undertake the work. We also provide indications of how long the work may take:
- Debt recovery
- Employment services for individuals
- Employment services for organisations
- Residential conveyancing
Please bear in mind that this guidance is based on typical circumstances, and situations with complex or unusual aspects may take longer to resolve. It’s always best to get in touch for a free, no-obligation chat so we can discuss your situation, and provide a bespoke cost proposal for the work.
Want to know the price for another service?
Simply get in touch and we can provide a proposal that is tailored to your needs. If you prefer, we can also give you a rough indication of cost based on typical circumstances.
For more information on the range of services we offer visit our services page.
How we help you
The details you provide in the free initial chat help us to define how best to advise you. For example, we consider how much work is required, and how quickly it needs to carried out. We can also identify any complex or unusual elements that will need to be taken into account.
If your situation suits one of our flexible payment options, we will let you know early on. However, you are still under no obligation to instruct us to proceed with the work.
It's good to bear in mind
Before you call us for a free initial chat, note down as many of the circumstances of your situation as possible so you can paint a full picture. This helps us to be as accurate as possible in our cost proposal.
We are experienced at taking eventualities into account, but bear in mind that unforeseen consequences may arise that require us to revise our quote. We will let you know well in advance, and won’t undertake any additional work without your prior approval.