I advise employers and employees on all aspects of employment law, including disciplinary and grievance issues, discrimination, restrictive covenants and employee confidentiality issues and termination of employment as well as all types of employment-related litigation (including compromise agreements and mediations).
I have particular expertise in advising both employers and employees on redundancies and restructures, including advice on the redundancy process and negotiation of settlement agreements.
I also frequently advise on the TUPE Regulations, particularly in the context of contracts for services transferring from one entity to another as well as sales and purchases of businesses.
My clients come from a broad spectrum of industries, including manufacturing, media, retail and travel as well as charities and not-for-profit organisations. I provide clients with practical, clear and solution based advice.
- Qualified on 15th September 2000
- Advised on the employment aspects of a major tyre business acquisition with over 50 sites.
- Successful defence of a company against a claim of sex discrimination and unfair dismissal of an employee whilst pregnant. Involved sensitive allegations against the managing director.
- Successful defence of a company against a c. £300,000 unfair and wrongful dismissal claim by an individual who claimed he should have been transferred pursuant to TUPE.
- Successfully acted in Tribunal litigation and the subsequent successful mediation of a race discrimination claim worth in excess of £1 million.
- I act for a number of clients in the retail sector with a nationwide presence, regularly assisting with employment tribunal litigation and providing strategic advice regarding redundancies and restructuring, as well as general advice on matters involving employee relations.
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Trained at Norton Rose
- Studied LLB Law at University of Nottingham
- Speaks French and German
- Sits on the Board of Directors for Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce