Compromise Agreements and Settlement Agreements
Get maximum benefit from you settlement agreement.
If you have been offered a compromise agreement by your employer, we can provide swift and independent advice to ensure the offer is fair and definitive. We will assess whether the compensation offered sufficiently reflects the potential value of the claim. We can also negotiate on your behalf to ensure the best possible outcome with the least inconvenience to you.
Employers offer settlement agreements as financial compensation to employees who have made, or could make claims against them. This can be an effective way to resolve a dispute between employee and employee, without the cost and inconvenience of going through an employment tribunal.
Typically, settlement agreements are offered at the end of a period of employment, but they can also be offered during employment in certain circumstances. Either way, the settlement agreement is only valid and binding if you take legal advice on its terms and implications. This is where an experienced employment solicitor can help.
HOW WE HELP YOU
- SA Law’s employment experts regularly help employees to win favourable settlement agreements.
- We negotiate the situation to your best advantage, and ensure you are protected from future risk.
- Expert legal advice can be particularly important if you intend to continue working for the employer after the settlement agreement has been finalised.
ITS GOOD TO BEAR IN MIND
- Take advice as soon as possible to give your solicitor sufficient time to negotiate the best result for you.
- Consider asking your employer for an agreed reference as part of the settlement agreement, whether you are leaving the organisation now or in the future.
- It’s also worth asking for a contribution to legal fees if your employer hasn’t already offered one.