If one of your professional advisors fails to advise you correctly you may have a claim for professional negligence. We have experience of dealing with claims against all types of professional advisors and our legal expertise can help you whatever the situation.
When you instruct a professional, you expect them to deliver their service competently. However, sometimes errors occur and you may suffer a loss as a result. In these situations, our professional negligence specialists can help you achieve the compensation you deserve.
We assist clients who have been advised incorrectly by their professional advisors across all sectors including law, finance and property.
We have experience of pursuing claims against architects, surveyors, lawyers, barristers, financial advisers and tax consultants amongst others. We also have specialist expertise in many niche areas of professional negligence such as negligent Will writing.
Professional negligence can occur when a professional advisor:
- Gives you poor advice, or advice that was inappropriate for your situation
- Fails to give you a crucial piece of advice needed
- Forgets to take a necessary action, such as filing documents with a court
- Takes too long to deliver a service, or fails to meet critical deadlines
- Fails to comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- Encourages you to purchase a product that is unsuitable (e.g. a loan or mortgage)
In all cases, we provide a quick and efficient assessment of your prospects of success. If appropriate we will try to use alternative dispute resolution methods to resolve your case. However, in some cases, litigation may be the best option. In these situations, we take a stringent approach to managing costs and have an exceptional track record of winning cases for clients.
Contact us for a confidential discussion about your situation, and we will be able to identify if professional negligence has occurred, and advise you of your options.
How we help you
- There are a number of ways a professional negligence claim can be funded. We will discuss a range of funding options with you and help you select the one best suited to your needs.
- We help many clients who have been advised incorrectly by other solicitors, particularly in situations where they feel they were charged too much for the service they were given.
It’s good to bear in mind...
Contact us as soon as you become aware that something isn’t right. There are time limits which will apply.