As an in-house lawyer, your organisation can often see you as all things to all people, with a diverse array of requests to advise on legal and strategic matters. This can create many challenges and pressures, whether if you operate as a ‘team of one’ or you form part of a larger in-house capability.
SA Law is one of the only firms in the region to offer a dedicated support service to in-house lawyers. We help in-house teams of all sizes, including those of FTSE 100 companies. Many of our legal experts have worked in-house themselves, so we fully appreciate your unique role and how it interacts with the internal client.
Our lawyers can support you on all aspects of commercial law, employment law, litigation and dispute resolution, providing general day-to-day support or specialist advice on niche matters. This can be on a pre-planned project basis, or short notice if your team’s workload gets out of hand.
In addition to our legal expertise, we pride ourselves on our commercial acumen, which enables us to advise on business strategies, optimise the running of organisations from a legal perspective, and even identify opportunities and untapped sources of revenue. Our specialist expertise spans a diverse range of sectors and professions including retail, technology, healthcare, property and sport to name a few.
With SA Law, you also benefit from our unique added-value services such as an insurance-backed Employer Protection Scheme, policy health checks and a suite of pre-drafted documents that includes commercial and employment contracts, and data protection and privacy clauses. Furthermore, our close connections within the regional business community are extremely valuable for building networks and finding other professional services.
SA Law also provides cutting-edge solutions and offers you the next generation of legal tools to support your business. We are able to help you assess your legal risk through our unique Risk Assist Audit – to help translate legal issues into information that is ‘Board Level ready’. We can also help you step back from your business and streamline your approach to providing legal services through our process mapping tools.
What’s more, we recognise that providing advice is ultimately relational and we can offer coaching and consultancy services to legal teams and individuals based on extensive experience and insight at GC level.
If you would like to learn more, we can arrange an informal presentation of our services, and also learn more about your organisation and its legal needs.
How we help you
- We support as much or as little as you require, from a quick piece of advice to an in-house secondment. Our secondees can either be on-site or virtual and either sourced from the firm or offered via our SA Law Consultancy Network .
- Our transparent pricing structure and real-time reporting helps you run projects to budget, and we can deliver clear and concise project updates as regularly as required.
- We can help to define the support relationship at the outset, including any special fee arrangements for ongoing advice, or fixed-price projects.
It's good to bear in mind
- We understand your need to minimise legal spend and improve efficiency. If required, we can work with you to develop tailored support processes, or provide advice on existing in-house methodologies.
- The initial stages of our relationship will focus on getting to know your organisation, particularly its processes, culture and risk appetite. Once we understand you, we can ensure our advice is tailored to.