Previously working for a City of London law firm gave me an excellent foundation in litigation and dispute resolution, something I’m delighted to have built on over the last 15 years of my career.
I bring extensive experience to contract disputes, including allegations of breach, termination and misrepresentation.
I advise individuals as well, and have particular experience in professional negligence claims, predominantly against solicitors. I also regularly advise on probate and inheritance disputes.
I have a particular interest in education law, where I advise schools and universities on sensitive issues including withdrawals and exclusions of pupils, bullying, discrimination and the recovery of unpaid fees. My education work also includes advice to parents on issues such as appeals against school admissions and pupil exclusions.
- Experience in advising companies in the defence of prosecutions brought in the criminal courts; concerning both consumer protection and health and safety at work
- Heaton and others v Axa Equity & Law Life Assurance Society and others  2 All ER 961 (acting for Axa)
- Silven Properties and another v The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and others  4 All ER 484 (acting for RBS)
- Thomson v Christie Manson & Woods Limited and others  EWCA Civ 555 (acting for the Marquess of Cholmondeley)
- In working closely with specialist barristers who assist with gathering evidence to substantiate defence and minimise damage to a defendant's reputation
- Qualified in 1998
- Formerly with Pinsent Curtis (now Pinsent Masons) and Lawrence Graham (Now Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co)
- Member of the Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Won annual Law Society Award for achieving highest Legal Practice Course score
- Won Birmingham Law Society Gold Medal for Legal Practice Course results
- Was a Governor at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden for 4 years
- Trustee and member of the Parochial Church Council
- Speaks basic French