Contracts and agreement are essential fact of life when running a business and disputes associated with them are common place. When a dispute occurs, we can quickly and comprehensively assess the situation and explain the best courses of action. We will provide insight in to what your opponent will say what the likely outcomes could be and devise the right case strategy for your business. We understand that contracts and agreement define business relationships. SA Law is often asked to advise on disputes where one of the key objectives is to maintain a working relationship going forward. In these situations we are able to use alternative dispute resolution to its full advantage.
Whatever the situation, SA Law can help. We resolve hundreds of contract and agreement disputes every year, overcoming challenges that enable our clients to achieve their objectives and get on with growing their businesses.
How we help you
- We always resolve disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. We will help you take a robust position using litigation or adopt a more conciliatory position, using mediation and arbitration , depending on your agenda and the benefits to your business.
- We carry out periodic reviews of client contracts to ensure they are enforceable.
- We advise clients on all forms of contract including terms and conditions of business, distribution and supply agreements, business sale and purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, franchise agreements and construction contracts.
It’s good to bear in mind...
- Contact us as soon as a dispute arises, or sooner if you believe one is imminent. There’s a good chance we can help you to head it off before it escalates.
- Don’t forget key aspects of your contracts. For example, put termination and renewal dates in your diary, and ensure that notice requirements are complied with.
- Make sure that you fully understand the contract before you sign it.