Specialising in commercial litigation, international arbitration and mediation, I advise a wide range of English and US public and private companies, partnerships, directors, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. I have broad sector and industry expertise, and have successfully resolved contract disputes ranging from the quality of bread rolls to the implementation of complex IT systems as well as sensitive shareholder and partnership disputes.
I take clients from challenge to resolution, including undertaking pre and post-dispute contract reviews, dispute resolution clauses and arbitration agreements. I also help clients to implement systems that proactively minimise the risk of disputes, which can save a vast amount of time and money.
I also regularly write articles on a range of matters for the media and the SA Law website – you can read some of them here.
- High Court and County Court commercial litigation
- Arbitration, including cross-border and multi-jurisdictional cases
- Shareholder and boardroom disputes
- IT and engineering disputes
- Defending a leading compressor manufacturer in a £9 million claim for breach of contract that included an eight-week High Court trial
- Acted for the successful claimant in a £1 million dispute between former business partners
- Acted for three African banks claiming $40 million in an ICC arbitration arising out of a failed major software project
- Defended a significant Scandinavian company in a Stockholm Chamber of Commerce arbitration arising out of a failed joint venture in Pakistan
- Represented the claimant in a seven figure breach of warranty claim arising out of an agreement for the acquisition of an airflow measurement device business
- Represented professional firms, financial advisors and recruitment agencies in claims to recover fees and defence of related counterclaims
- Advised various shareholders and directors on deadlocked companies, breaches of shareholders’ agreements, unfair prejudice claims and directors’ duties
- Sole counsel for the European master franchisor of a sports retailer, advising it on the negotiation of new franchises and disputes with franchisees as well as the licensing of rights when it changed its business model away from franchising
- Advised on the successful settlement of seven figure claims against banks for mis-selling commercial financial products
Advised guarantors on the defence and settlement of substantial personal guarantee claims
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law
- Governor and member of the Academy Trust, at The Marlborough Science Academy, St Albans
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors on 15 October 1999
- BA (Hons) from Exeter University
- Common Professional Examination at the University of Westminster
- Legal Practice Course at the College of Law
- Rugby Coach, Tabard RFC, Radlett