Specialising in commercial litigation, international arbitration and mediation, I advise a wide range of English and US public and private companies, partnerships, directors, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. I have broad sector and industry expertise, and have successfully resolved contract disputes ranging from the quality of bread rolls to the implementation of complex IT systems as well as sensitive shareholder and partnership disputes.
I take clients from challenge to resolution, including undertaking pre and post-dispute contract reviews, dispute resolution clauses and arbitration agreements. I also help clients to implement systems that proactively minimise the risk of disputes, which can save a vast amount of time and money.
- High Court and County Court litigation
- Arbitration, including cross-border and multi-jurisdictional case
- Shareholder and boardroom disputes
- IT and engineering disputes
- Defending a leading compressor manufacturer in a £9 million claim for breach of contract that included an eight-week High Court trial
- Acted for three African banks claiming $40 million in an ICC arbitration arising out of a failed major software project. Defended claims for fees and damages
- Defending a significant Scandinavian company in an Stockholm Chamber of Commerce arbitration arising out of a failed joint venture in Pakistan
- Represented the claimant in a £1 million breach of warranty claim arising out of an agreement for the acquisition of an airflow measurement device business
- Advised various shareholders and directors on deadlocked companies, breaches of shareholders’ agreements, unfair prejudice claims and directors’ duties.
- Sole counsel for the European master franchisor is a sports retailer, we advised it on the negotiation of new franchises and disputes with franchisees as well as the licensing of rights when it changed its business model away from franchising
- Qualified as a lawyer in 1999
- A Governor of The Marlborough Science Academy