SA Law's Data & Privacy team comprises data protection, employment, HR, commercial and marketing experts as well as non-lawyer specialists, allowing us to give the full spectrum of advice to cover every angle from supplier relationships to staff issues and managing client data correctly.
We can help you and your business with a range of compliance issues and related matters including:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- Critical compliance advice in corporate transactions
- Strategic advice during on merger and harmonisation of databases following acquisition
- Data protection notices, privacy policies and compliance manuals, including advising on opt-ins and opt-outs
- The structuring of contracts and compliance procedures
- Partnership, joint venture (JV) and affinity arrangements
- Advising on privacy and compliance matters for website platforms and mobile applications
- Full compliance audits
- Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and compliance, including drafting FOI clauses in contracts and advising on how to respond to information requests.
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR introduces new obligations and penalties for the way personal data is handled and UK organisations must comply when dealing with customers, employees, supplies and other individuals.
It is the biggest shake-up in data protection law for 20 years, and ushers in a new era of personal data transparency and accountability. Organisations that fail to comply with the new law risk fines of up to 4% of their global annual turnover or €20m, whichever value is greater.
Why is it happening?
The digital age has increased risk for individuals, particularly with the escalating threat of cyber crime and identity theft.
GDPR brings the law up to date by raising the bar for personal data handling and protection, as well as introducing some ground-breaking changes.
SA Law's GDPR Compliance Downloads & Resources
We have developed a number of helpful guides and tools to help you and your business maintain GDPR compliance. Download them by clicking on the links below.