A fixed-price service to help your organisation comply with its new data protection obligations.
A quick bit of background
What is GDPR?
From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes law in the UK. It introduces new obligations and penalties for the way personal data is handled, and UK organisations must comply when dealing with customers, employees, suppliers and other individuals.
Why is this significant?
The introduction of the GDPR is the biggest shake-up in data protection law for 20 years, and ushers in a new era of personal data transparency and accountability. Organisations that fail to comply with the new law risk fines of up to 4% of their global annual turnover or €20m, whichever value is greater.
Why is it happening?
The digital age has increased risk for individuals, particularly with the escalating threat of cybercrime and identity theft. The GDPR brings the law up to date by raising the bar for personal data handling and protection, as well as introducing some ground-breaking changes.
How is SA Law helping?
To help UK organisations prepare, SA Law has developed a fixed-price service, GDPR Assist, which provides a set of training materials, templates and documents which can be easily integrated into your policies, procedure, handbooks and training plans. The package includes:
- A template data protection policy (now called a Privacy Standard)
- A template privacy notice to tell employees, contractors and workers how you comply with the new data protection obligations
- Data controller/processor terms that can be easily inserted into your commercial contracts
- A data consent form to meet the new obligation of gaining an employee’s authorisation to use their personal data
- Employment contract data clause
- A board-level summary to help you explain the new GDPR obligations to senior staff and decision makers
- A privacy impact assessment template
- Awareness materials to help employees understand GDPR, including posters, do’s and don’ts sheets
- A set of basic training slides for staff presentations
- Up to two hours of telephone helpline support on how to implement these tools.
The GDPR Assist package is priced at £995 plus VAT.
To order your pack or find out more information complete the form below.
SA Law's GDPR Compliance Downloads & Resources
We have developed a number of helpful guides and tools to help you and your business become GDPR compliant. Download them by clicking on the links below.
SA Law GDPR - Helping you understand the new era of data protection
SA Law GDPR - Roadmap to Compliance