I work closely with directors, managers and entrepreneurs to optimise key legal aspects of their organisation such as intellectual property rights, IT contracts, funding, acquisitions, joint ventures and day-to-day operations. I am also an experienced adviser on international channels to market, including multi-level marketing and franchising.
My wide range of client work and experience includes working in house and providing legal awareness to other professionals. This brings a breadth of expertise that allows me to quickly identify the legal implications of an organisation’s situation and objectives, whether transactional or ongoing. I help clients to define strategies that enable them to achieve those objectives with the minimal risk to their venture.
- Stepped in to lead multi-million pound deals at short notice.
- Prepared a patent and know-how assignment for 40 international patents on a tight deadline before patent box legal changes.
- Advised a market-leading Spanish-listed company on UK warranties for its construction products.
- Advised a leading recycling solutions provider on the potential IP rights of an invention.
- Drafted and advised on sub-contracts for contractors to the European Space Agency.
- Member of a team that created and launched a market-leading online corporate and commercial legal resource.
- Provided specialist regulatory and business advice to a broad range of multi-level marketing (direct selling) businesses.
- Former Member of the Society for Computers and Law London Committee
- Member of the Competition Law Association
- Member of The British Literary and Artistic Copyright Association