SA Law is proud to announce that is has been awarded the Level 1 Herts Healthy Workplace Accreditation, which is an endorsement of our commitment to the wellbeing of our team.
The Hertfordshire Healthy Workplace Programme is designed to help organisations create or enhance a wellbeing-led culture. It gives employers the knowledge, resources and skillset they need to deliver personalised health and wellbeing action plans for employees to address health issues.
At SA Law we have a holistic approach to supporting physical and mental health and believe in prioritising the physical and psychological safety of our employees through every step of their careers. In a recent survey, 92.5% of our staff said the firm was meeting some or all of their health and wellbeing needs.
SA Law has always held the wellbeing of its team members to be of high importance. Over the last year we have sought to crystalise our approach to physical and mental wellbeing through strengthening existing initiatives and introducing new ones in direct collaboration with staff. A number of stand-out initiatives were introduced over this period including:
- An upskilling of our Wellbeing Team, who represent and support our employee’s health and wellbeing. All members are now Mental Health First Aid Champions/Mental Health First Aiders.
- A confidential, anonymous feedback box that is checked weekly and suggestions are responded to regularly.
- An expansion of our physical health support, such as NHS Health checks, free gym passes, complimentary race and fun run entry to participate in events such as the St Albans Half Marathon, and more.
- An enhancement of our mental health support, such as mental health outpatient support, access to the firm’s Mental Health First Aiders at all times, access to an employee assistance counsellor, and more.
- Establishing financial wellbeing support through an in-house debt-advisor, free breakfast every day, access to free car parking for all staff , and more.
- Building a firm wellbeing community through a week full of activities planned for Mental Health Awareness Week, a walking group held on different days each month to allow everyone to attend, a wellbeing book library for staff to access free books, and more.
- New inclusivity policies, such as a Menstruation to Menopause Policy, becoming Level 1 Disability Confident Employers and partnering with Step2Skill to offer work tasters to disabled candidates.
We promise clients a thoughtful and nuanced service to their legal needs, and that starts with looking after the wellbeing of our team.
Kelly Pike, Head of Human Resources, says that “helping our employees remain happy and healthy is an important part of how we work, and fits in with our mission and values here at SA Law. By supporting wellbeing, as a firm we see the benefits through greater productivity and enhanced business performance, through increased attendance, reduced illness and improved morale and outlook.”
To read more, please visit our pages about our wellbeing activities and initiatives, our commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion, and a range of community events that we support.
To find out more about creating your own wellbeing policies and procedures, contact Christine Caffrey in our employment team.