An experienced commercial property specialist advising on a wide range of matters
Whether working with lenders, owner-occupiers, investors or tenants, I advise on all aspects of commercial property, and offer particular expertise in investment, residential/commercial development and property management. I advise on future income generation through the retention of overage rights on disposals. I also deal with the property aspects tied to major corporate transactions and real estate finance, including ‘Etridge’ compliant third party advice.
My sector and industry experience is equally broad, with niche expertise in retail, leisure, manufacturing and education. I undertake portfolio management work for national shopping centre and high street retailers, and deal with complex industrial development and associated infrastructure works. I am particularly passionate about the education sector, and am a member of the Education Law Association and a governor of a St Albans comprehensive school.
I act for a number of retailers including with nationwide presence and regularly advises on portfolio expansion and management work at shopping centre, high street and transport hub locations.
- Advising on the acquisition of a 129-acre Brownfield site in the East of England with a GDV of £500 million
- Lease extensions and collective enfranchisement matters for large and small ground rent investor clients, and the acquisition of ground rent portfolios
- Acquisition and disposal of investment and development land for residential and commercial developer clients
- Dealing with the property elements of school conversions to Academy status
- Advising on the acquisition and disposal of licensed premises, and licensing issues pertinent to the retail and leisure sector
- Assisting in the disposal of strategic development land with a GDV of £30 million, including negotiation of complex overage provisions
- Qualified in 2004
- Member of the Education Law Association
- Community Governor and Director at Verulam School in St Albans
- Trustee of the Verulam Charitable Trust