Your next home is also your next major investment. Therefore, you want the increasing value of the property to make a significant contribution to your personal wealth. You also want that contribution to be as protected as possible from risk.
SA Law provides a strategic residential property service which will help you to achieve these objectives. We are not a ‘one service fits all’ conveyancing call centre. Nor are we a traditional high street law firm. We are a dynamic team of property specialists who make our business and legal expertise available to homeowners.
We know the property market. We know the region. And we know the law. That makes us ideally placed to help you achieve and protect your investment objectives.
Furthermore, if you are relocating to Hertfordshire from overseas, we can assist with any immigration or transfer of wealth issues.
We also help homeowners to sell their properties. We can undertake a legal ‘health check’ on your home to ensure that there are no title deed/Land Registry or planning issues.
During the sale itself, all contract work will be processed swiftly and securely. We will be contactable when your buyer’s solicitor (and your estate agent) needs to reach us, and will keep you regularly updated on progress.
We also make sure that our services are delivered cost-effectively so that legal fees make as little impact as possible on your investment return.
Clients choose us for the personal contact that we bring to house buying. We listen to what you need, and we take the time to deliver it. However, that doesn’t mean we cost the earth. We strive to achieve the objectives and manage the expectations of our clients as cost-effectively as possible.
Your dedicated property lawyer will drive the transaction as quickly as possible, and advise on how to maximise opportunities and minimise risk. They will also stay in regular contact with you throughout the process.
HOW WE HELP YOU
- Once the offer on the property you want to purchase has been accepted, ensure that the vendor takes the property off the market to avoid being gazumped. You may not be able to recover your costs if you have already had surveys carried out or obtained a mortgage offer.
- Lots of property sales fail before contracts are exchanged for a number of reasons, including cold feet. Make sure that you complete paperwork as quickly as possible to avoid delays or ill-feeling with the vendor.
- If you have any particular concerns or questions about the property you’ve purchased, make sure that you communicate them with our team; we’re here to help you. If you bought the property because of the scenic views, you’ll want to make sure there are no plans for building works in the future. Ask about the different property searches that we can conduct for you.
IT’S GOOD TO BEAR IN MIND
- It can seem like a bit of a minefield when searching for a property solicitor. But one thing to bear in mind when making your decision is the Conveyancing Quality Accreditation (CQS).
- The CQS establishes a level of credibility for member firms based upon integrity, adherence to good practice management standards and a high level of client-focused efficiency.
- Introduced by The Law Society in January 2009, the scheme has become a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing. Applicant firms are assessed against a set of rigorous benchmarking standards to establish the integrity of their conveyancing staff and the service provided. This includes the team’s adherence to good practice management standards as well as prudent and efficient conveyancing procedures throughout the scheme’s protocol.
- After months of assessment, SA Law’s Real Estate Department achieved CQS accreditation on 9 December 2011.
"SA Law offers a ‘superb, personal high level of service.’" - The Legal 500
"They're very reliable and efficient, and we always have a good level of communication and dialogue on an ongoing basis between us." Chambers & Partners, 2016