Divorce can be a painful time. It can also be confusing. Expatriate divorce is also a complex area of law.
At SA Law we have experienced solicitors and divorce lawyers who will take time to discuss your individual circumstances and the many aspects of divorce and divorce law. We have an extensive client base in London and clients throughout the UK and abroad.
We can help you decide on your divorce settlements or separation agreements – and guide you through each stage.
Above all, we have a commitment to meeting the needs of our clients through exceptional service.
What is an expatriate divorce?
An “Expat” divorce refers to a situation where you or your spouse are living outside England or Wales and wish to divorce in the English Courts of Law.
Am I eligible?
• If you were born in England or Wales but you or your spouse are living outside England or Wales you may be eligible to an expat divorce.
• If you find yourself in one of the following circumstances, you qualify for an Ex-patriate divorce:
• You are originally from England or Wales, currently reside in another country and want to use English Courts to obtain a divorce.
• You have lived outside the UK for a number of years, but have recently returened and seek a divorce in England.
• You were born outside of the UK, but are living in England or Wales and choose to divorce in England.
• If your spouse does not reside in the UK.
This is a complex area of law and it is important to seek legal advice to discuss individual cases and the processes of an international divorce.
SA Law’s Family Team is extremely professional, very thorough and pragmatic.
Clients say SA Law’s Family Team exudes knowledge and confidence.
Use our handy contact form to send us your enquiry. We’ll direct it to the right legal expert and respond as quickly as possible. It costs nothing to make an enquiry and it is entirely confidential.
See our privacy notice to find out how we use and protect your data.
If you would like to contact a specific member of the SA Law team, you can view all team profiles here.