Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
Mergers and acquisitions can be effective ways to grow your organisation, allowing you to integrate the resources of another to grow your own. Nevertheless, the size and nature of these transactions can pose a number of risks to all parties.
Purchasers need to be certain they get exactly what they pay for. This can require extensive due diligence to understand the history and operations of the target organisation. Equally, sellers want to optimise the financial position of the organisation prior to sale.
The transfer of business ownership, whether a transfer of the shares or the assets touches on other aspects of law that must be addressed and so we work closely with our colleagues, mainly in the property and employment teams in an effort to address any issues that may come back at a later date. There may also be specific expectations of the seller that need to be aired and agreed.
SA Law’s dedicated corporate team provides mergers and acquisitions advice to large and small companies, with clients recommending our responsive, commercial and pragmatic service.
HOW WE HELP YOU
- Every transaction is unique, which is why our advice is always tailor-made for the situation. Based on a clear understanding of all parties involved, we help you to achieve your commercial objectives swiftly and smoothly.
- Our experience means that we can often add a great deal of value to the transaction, optimising your commercial profitability and minimising any potential risks – both now and in the future.
- We are also experienced at working with and managing a wide range of intermediaries, with whom we establish clear lines of communication that keep you up to date on progress at all times.
IT’S GOOD TO BEAR IN MIND
- Be prepared: this type of transaction can be time consuming but ultimately very rewarding.
- Be organised: sellers need to provide buyers with detailed information about the business, so make sure your records and business information are up to date.
- Be excited: never lose sight of the reason why you’re involved in the process. You may be faced with some tough decisions, but we can help you take the best course of action.
Use our handy contact form to send us your enquiry. We’ll direct it to the right legal expert and respond as quickly as possible. It costs nothing to make an enquiry and it is entirely confidential.
See our privacy notice to find out how we use and protect your data.
If you would like to contact a specific member of the SA Law team, you can view all team profiles here.
Top tips for a successful business exit
Do you want the best roadmap to a successful business exit? Here are key issues to bear in mind from Head of Corporate and Commercial, Chris Wilks.
TUPE, Mergers and Acquisitions | SA Law
Here are some key things to bear in mind when it comes to TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions from Chris Cook, Head of Employment.
Head of Terms and Due Diligence
The bigger the deal, the greater the risk, and the more you need to pay close attention to the detail. Here’s how the two most important stages help you.
Top tips for a successful merger or acquisition
Planning a merger or acquisition requires a similar mind set to planning a business exit. Here are some key things to bear in mind from Chris Wilks, Head…
Checklist: Heads of terms when buying or selling a business
If you are looking to buy or sell a business, our checklist is here to help you agree the terms and explain why it's important to complete them at an…
The Knowledgable, professional and helpful team has a genuine dedication to its clients and delivers an excellent level of service.
How mishandling sexual harassment claims can damage a business
Vincent Billings and Gita Patel share comments for an article on Reward Strategy
A Brief Guide to Shareholders Agreements
Partner and Head of Corporate Vincent Billings gives his top tips and guide to shareholders agreements.
Fraud Alert - Beware the Bogus Bailiff (Again)
I wrote this article in late 2018 and am revisiting it because the ‘bailiff scam’ is still a problem.An opponent called me this week to find…
Exceptional feedback secures rankings in UK law firms guide
Chambers & Partners 2022 research has again resulted in rankings for four of SA Law’s legal teams, as well as for six individual lawyers.
Delays, guarantees, summary judgments and a return of insolvency proceedings?
What does the Government’s decision to delay step 4 of its roadmap mean for businesses that were planning to fully reopen on the 21 June?
Guidance issued to assist businesses and consumers impacted by COVID-19
Covid cancellations, refunds and contract terms.
Working creatively with supply chains and the business opportunities created by Covid-19
Vincent Billings shares how businesses are turning a negative into a positive during the coronavirus lockdown to keep their organisation going.
Success for SA Law in Legal 500 2020
We are delighted to share that we have held our position in all of our main practice areas in Legal 500.