When a person passes away, it can often be a very distressing time. SA Law’s sympathetic and practical help will guide you through the probate and estate administration process. We can handle all the necessary legal and financial requirements of collecting and distributing assets after paying off any outstanding debts. The amount you pay includes the fee for our work and any necessary payments we will make to third parties on your behalf, which are associated with probate applications and estate administration.
Probate requires a personalised quote because of the varying amount of work based on the circumstances. This is why all our fees are estimations and we advise you to call us for your bespoke quote.
Two key factors are whether you require us to undertake just the probate application, or if you need us to carry out further work, such as paying bills and legacies and notifying third parties. Our fee will also be slightly more if the estate is subject to an Inheritance Tax payment. To find out if the Inheritance Tax applies, we recommend reading the HMRC Bereavement Guide.
An initial conversation with one of our experts gives us an opportunity to ask the right questions. To discuss your situation in complete confidence, call our St Albans office on 01727 798000.
We also offer services for Wills and Trusts amongst our Probate department. Take a look at our service page for more information.
As part of our fee and in accordance with your instructions in a probate matter we will:
- Provide you with an experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter.
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries.
- Identify the type of Probate application you will require.
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application.
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms.
- Draft a legal statement for you to sign.
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf.
- Obtain the Probate and produce copies as required.
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate and settle liabilities in accordance with your instructions.
Other work may be necessary depending on the precise circumstances of the matter and you will be advised of this and the estimated costs at the appropriate time.
If you wish to download a copy of our pricing for our probate services then please click here.