My expertise across all property disciplines makes me a valuable advisor to clients with a wide range of interests.
I advise residential, commercial and mixed use developers on all stages of a project from site acquisition to disposal. This covers planning, licensing, construction and promotion. I also advise lenders, borrowers and sellers on the investment side of transactions.
Another area of expertise is commercial landlord and tenant law where I advise on all matters, with particular experience of the retail sector where I have experience of working with numerous high street brands. I am also proficient at dealing with the specific needs of leisure, healthcare and sporting organisation occupiers.
- Managed the development of a major mixed use South West London town centre redevelopment from site assembly to disposal by way of forward sale
- Acted for major retailers in taking leases of high street, shopping centre and out of town units, including Central London flagship stores
- Advised on a major bank headquarters sale (£100 million) using a sale and leaseback scheme involving a Jersey Property Unit Trust and a German Close Ended Fund
- Acted for the lender on an LSVT of housing stock from a Midlands council to a housing association
- Acted on behalf of private sector providers in several schools PFI transactions
- Dealt with a re-financing of a portfolio of care homes in order to raise development finance for a specialist operator
- Acting for household name retailers including Gap, Moss Bros, Argos, Homebase and M&Co in taking new leases of high street, shopping centre and out of town units.
- Dealing with lease renewals, lease assignments and surrenders for retail tenants.
- Negotiating turnover rent provisions in shopping centre leases.
- Dealing with pre-letting documentation including constructions warranties and subject to planning provisions.
- Worked for City law firms for 15 years prior to joining SA Law
- Advises public authorities and banks