We are extremely pleased to announce that SA Law is sponsoring the University of Hertfordshire’s Festival of Ideas, which is a key event in the calendar of this year’s Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020. Joining us as co-sponsor is leading independent construction company Willmott Dixon and Japanese pharmaceutical company Eisai.
Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020
Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 is a high-profile campaign to promote new and existing cultural activity across the county. The campaign features many events, activities and experiences, with a monthly theme co-ordinated by a lead organisation.
The Festival of Ideas will be a high point of the year, giving you the chance to learn more about the region’s many cultural offerings, and to explore and debate key issues affecting the world around us.
Free to visit, the festival of ideas takes place on 27 and 28 June 2020 at the University of Hertfordshire, and will feature speakers, seminars, Q&As, workshops, presentations, panel interviews and even re-enactments of famous legal trials. There will be exhibitions from world-renowned artists, and pop-up performances from some of the UK's best talent.
Visitors to the two-day event will also get the opportunity to learn from leading thinkers, innovators and researchers, including:
- Alistair Spalding CBE, Artistic Director and Chief Executive of Sadler’s Wells theatre.
- Helen Lederer, comedian, actress and broadcaster.
- Katherine McMahon, historical novelist and author of the best-seller ‘The Rose of Sebastopol’.
- Theresa Lola, Young People’s Poet Laureate for London
- Dr. Stuart Clark, astronomy journalist and Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society
- Sol Rogers, CEO and Founder of immersive content studio REWIND, and Chairman of the BAFTA Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group.
Managing Partner Steve Ryan comments: “Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 and the Festival of Ideas are fantastic initiatives to showcase the talent of our county’s exceptional business and creative communities. We work with a wide range of regional organisations, and it’s so pleasing to give them opportunities to gain a wider following across Hertfordshire and beyond.”
For further information, including news about the latest events and speakers, visit www.herts.ac.uk/ideas.
Follow #FestivalofIdeas on social media and check the latest information via Instagram @hertsideas.