I am an experienced employment law specialist with particular expertise in resolving sensitive and complex disputes between employers and employees. I have successfully resolved matters involving unfair dismissal and discrimination, and also help with disputes of a more commercial nature such as breaches of contract.
I have extensive experience in all forms of dispute resolution, including alternative methods such as negotiation, mediation and arbitration. If litigation in an Employment Tribunal becomes necessary then clients benefit from my status as a member of the Solicitors’ Association of Higher Courts Advocates. I can handle your case from start to finish without needing to instruct a barrister to represent you on the day your case is heard.
I also advise on a wide range of other employment matters, including helping employers to minimise the risk of disputes arising. I also help employees to secure strong relationships with their employer through contract negotiation.
- Representing a wrongly dismissed trainee solicitor in a case that ended up in the Court of Appeal.
- Successfully represented the employer in Cherry Tree v Fanstone, which is considered a leading unfair dismissal case relating to compensation calculation that continues to be cited in textbooks.
- Represented an employee in a high-profile Employment Tribunal claim against an employer on the Sunday Times Rich List who halved the employee’s pay.
- Solicitor, SA Law
- Equity Partner, Hancock Quins
- Solicitor, Hancock Quins
- Partner, Blaser Mills
- Solicitor, Blaser Mills
- Trainee, Blaser Mills
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1983
- Qualified as a Higher Courts Advocate (all proceedings) in 2009