As a specialist in the difficulties resulting from divorce and relationship breakdown, I primarily help individuals and couples to resolve disputes relating to finances and children.
Having practiced for over 10 years in central London, prior to joining SA Law, my experience has been broad-reaching, with particular expertise in the needs of business professionals, entrepreneurs, people in sport, those in the public eye or their spouses or partners. This has included forum disputes in divorce proceedings, obtaining and enforcing worldwide freezing orders and international relocation cases. As a result, I regularly deal with complex family law situations, often with an international dimension.
I work closely with my clients, both in London and St Albans, to discuss their objectives and then combine my expertise in family law and strategy to meet those objectives. I place greatest importance on dealing with legal issues sensitively but effectively.
- Resolving family law related financial disputes for married couples or unmarried couples with children.
- Applications under the Children Act 1989 relating to living and welfare arrangements for children
- Member of Resolution and sits on the Practice Standards Panel
- Member of the London Chamber of Commerce
- Contributor to local, national and legal press, including Family Law Journal.
- Has worked closely with a homeless charity to train McKenzie friends in private children proceedings
- Formerly with leading London law firm Mishcon de Reya
WHAT RUTH'S CLIENTS SAY ABOUT HER
“Ruth is an absolutely superb lawyer. She handled what was at times a very tricky situation with great poise and skill, fantastic legal insight and exceptional negotiating expertise and experience. She knew the right times to push hard and to stand firm and the right times to adopt a degree of greater flexibility in order to optimise the outcome. Never flustered, always completely calm and in control, she has a natural confidence and authority alongside a formidable command of the law that is great to have on your side.
In the face of numerous challenges, including changes to my ex-wife's legal team, reneging on prior agreements, multiple delaying tactics and at times a wilful refusal to see reason, Ruth skilfully navigated past all of these and achieved a superb outcome for me.”
London Professional in a Finance & Children matter