Head of Property Dispute Resolution
I am a full-service property dispute resolution specialist covering all types of real estate disputes. I work closely with property clients to achieve their objectives, particularly developers, retailers and high net worth individuals.
I regularly advise on disputes relating to vacant possession, dilapidations, forfeiture, service charges, rent reviews, nuisance, trespass and rights to light. I also advise on contested and uncontested lease renewals, and possession actions.
My objective for clients is always to achieve the most successful outcome as cost-effectively as possible, favouring the use of mediation rather than the far more expensive court option. That said, situations that demand litigation will be handled in the same manner, with a carefully engineered strategy that balances cost versus success.
Prior to joining SA Law, I was a Legal Director in the award-winning Litigation department at international law firm Clyde & Co.
- Successfully settled an access and easements dispute for a property developer on a private estate in South West London.
- Acted for a global pharmaceutical company over the interpretation of a rent review clause at one of its sites.
- Settled a dilapidations claim for an office tenant in Watford.
- Acted for leaseholders of a penthouse flat in Cadogen Square. It was a nuisance claim due to leaks which had caused damage to the flat bearer.
- Successfully defended a major mobile phone retailer in relation to a dispute over a substantial call centre, threatened with forfeiture of lease due to inherited liability from the previous owner.
- Acted for a retailer who had exercised a break (conditional on vacant possession). Squatters arrived the week before the break date so had to seek an urgent possession order.
- Acted for a purchaser of a property in a claim against the vendor for fraudulent misrepresentation on the seller's property information form.
- Acted for a developer in relation to a dispute concerning a Joint Venture Agreement for the purposes of developing 14 flats. The dispute resulted in in a 4 day trial.
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
- Chairman of St Albans BID
- Qualified in 2005