I am a planning specialist, providing expert legal guidance and representation throughout the property development life cycle.
I work closely with developers, investors, owners and other property sector clients, advising on their commercial, residential and mixed-use schemes. I have experience across a broad range of sectors including residential, commercial, financial, retail and leisure.
I support clients with strategic planning advice that enables them to drive projects forward on-time, on-budget and with minimal risk. This includes working collaboratively with local authorities to draft and negotiate agreements that unlock planning permission and allow enabling development to come forward. I have also been involved with a number of projects to optimise existing planning consents to help owners unlock further value.
I have experience of planning appeals and enforcement as well as judicial review and can facilitate introductions to ensure clients receive expert advice where necessary. I also undertake pre-submission reviews of applications and environmental statements to ensure consistency and minimise the risk of challenge.
My expertise also includes supporting the work of the firm's Commercial and Residential Property teams with acquisitions and disposals, including helping to minimise risk through early identification of potential planning issues.
- Negotiated a planning agreement for redevelopment of the 300,000 sq. ft. former Foyles building on Charing Cross Road. This office-led, mixed-use development includes over £4.5 million of contributions, associated highways works and the creation of a new public realm.
- Advised on a £39 million share sale with significant planning issues, including breaches and a £3 million retention linked to their satisfactory resolution. The work included drafting the planning conditionality of the sale and purchase agreement.
- Consultant, SA Law
- Senior Associate, Forsters LLP
- Associate, CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
- BPP Law School, Law
- University of Bristol, French and Spanish
- Qualified in 2007
- Formerly with CMS Cameron McKenna and Forsters
- Speaks fluent French and slightly less fluent Spanish
- Helps to run a charity that funds research into anti-phospholipid syndrome, a blood clotting disorder