The UK is very much “open for business” and choosing the UK as a place to invest or set up business can only be advantageous. The UK is not only well located between America and Europe but offers a diverse and flexible labour market with a good quality of life, cosmopolitan society and attractive lifestyle opportunities. With Brexit on the horizon, potential investors are now considering obtaining UK Tier 1 (Investor) visas directly rather than investing in another EEA state to obtain EEA nationality as they will no longer be able to rely on EEA free movement to the UK.
The Tier 1 (Investor) category under the Points Bases System is ideal for those non-EU nationals with at least £2 million available for investments into specified investments, such as government bonds or shares in UK listed companies. This visa route allows investors to not only reside in the UK but to also obtain permanent residency via the accelerated route. This is achieved by maintaining levels of investment as follows:
|Investment in UK||Residency for Permanent Residency|
|£10 million||2 years|
|£5 million||3 years|
|£2 million or £1 million (pre 6th Nov 2014)||5 years|
Our immigration specialist summarises the benefits of the Tier 1 Investor visa below:
- No English language requirement
- No maintenance requirement
- An accelerated route to permanent residence in the UK
- Absences from the UK for up to 180 days in any calendar year without losing the right to apply for permanent residency
- Ability to bring your family (your spouse and children under 18) as your dependant.
Should you require our assistance with your Investor visa, our services includes initial advice to full support through the entire process. We can assist with:
- Initial advice and assessments of eligibility;
- Preparation of your investment portfolio;
- Full representation to the entry clearance post overseas or Home Office in the UK;
- Support for your dependant family members applying with you;
- A super premium same day service for UK extension application;
- Advice and representation in applications for permanent residence in the UK via the accelerated route.