Is your HR team ready for the biggest shake-up in data protection law for 20 years? If not, then SA Law’s latest General Data Protection Regulation seminar is for you.
With so much media focus on the customer-facing impacts of GDPR, many organisations have yet to consider the employment & HR implications. But bear in mind that the new legislation will apply equally to the way you handle information about employees and candidates when it comes into force in May 2018.
With just six months left to reengineer policies and processes to avoid the greatly increased punitive fine for non-compliance, SA Law is dedicating one of its popular HR Forums to looking at the changes specifically from an employment perspective.
SA Law’s Employment, Data & Privacy team will present a step-by-step guide to the GDPR for HR professionals that covers the concepts and terminology of the GDPR, how it will impact on your business and what steps you need to take to become compliant.
Senior HR professionals and owner-managers will benefit from an enlightening yet practical agenda covering:
- Why the law is changing & what the key changes are
- Key compliance points to bear in mind throughout the employment lifecycle from recruitment, contracts and policies to termination of employment
- How the GDPR will directly affect HR processes
- The nuances of personal data and sensitive personal data and the legal basis for processing it
- How to build a data protection culture among staff members
- How to plan and implement a compliance roadmap
- Dealing with SARs and consent
- Detecting and dealing with breaches.
SA Law events are friendly and informal, and offer excellent opportunities to put your questions to the panel, chat with legal experts one-to-one, and network with peers.
It is recommended to book early to avoid disappointment. Please note, unfortunately, we are unable to accept bookings from students.