HR & The GDPR, London
Join us at SA Law's latest event hosted by employment, data & privacy expert solicitors.
Is your HR team ready for the biggest shake-up in data protection law for 20 years?
If not, then SA Law’s latest General Data Protection Regulation HR Forum is for you.
SA Law’s GDPR for HR event explains your responsibilities throughout the employment lifecycle and helps you plan your roadmap towards compliance.
With so much focus on the customer-facing aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), many HR teams are concerned about the implications for their policies, processes and the way they handle information about employees and candidates.
With just six months left to reengineer policies and processes to avoid the greatly increased punitive fine for non-compliance, SA Law is dedicating one of its popular HR Forums specifically to the employment perspective. SA Law’s Employment, Data & Privacy team will present a step by step guide to the GDPR for HR professionals that covers the concepts and terminology of the GDPR, how it will impact on your business and what steps you need to take to become compliant.
Senior HR professionals and owner-managers will benefit from an enlightening yet practical agenda covering:
- Why the law is changing & what the key changes are
- Key compliance points to bear in mind throughout the employment lifecycle from recruitment, contracts and policies to termination of employment
- How the GDPR will directly affect HR processes
- The nuances of personal data and sensitive personal data and the legal basis for processing it
- How to build a data protection culture among staff members
- How to plan and implement a compliance roadmap
- Dealing with SARs and consent
- Detecting and dealing with breaches
Thursday 8th February 2018
9.30am - 1.00pm