On your terms
Your most important business questions answered at our “On Your Terms” breakfast event
“On Your Terms” is a unique breakfast event for regional businesses. Whether you are buying or selling goods or services, this event will consider practical examples from real life experiences to help you address key topical contract issues. The event will also examine the problems that can arise when “standard” clauses are overlooked.
“On Your Terms” takes place on 22 November from 8am to 9.30am at our St Albans office, with a short presentation over a light breakfast, followed by a targeted Q&A.
The presentation will cover:
- Pre-contract issues and the crucial differences between contracting with consumers and businesses, as well as the importance of knowing your customer
- The dangers of DIY terms and conditions
- Incorporating terms and conditions effectively – if they’re not in the contract, you can’t rely on them
- Understanding the meaning and legal implications of key contract clauses
- The latest on the exclusion and limitations of liability
- The current position on consequential losses
- Effective payment terms and drafting to get paid more quickly
The event is free to attend and aims to help you identify and address commercial risks in your business, and improve the way you negotiate and avoid common contracting pitfalls.
Want to ask a question?
If you have a question for our panel email it by 13th November to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know if your question has been selected.